- inhabit or live in; be an inhabitant of
- lead a certain kind of life; live in a certain style
- continue to live through hardship or adversity
- support oneself
- have life, be alive
- have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations
- pursue a positive and satisfying existence
- He lives by his pen.
- The child's death left a painful void in his parents' lives.
- Love lives in cottages as well as in courts.
- The cormorant is a large, long-necked, dark-colored bird which lives near sea coasts and eats fish.
- The monastic community generally lives a life of simplicity.
- One who lives near or next to another.
- This is where he lives.
- Our lives would have been greatly impoverished, if we had not known our dear friend.