- v. 清算；清偿；消除
get rid of (someone who may be a threat) by killing;
"The mafia liquidated the informer"
"the double agent was neutralized"
eliminate by paying off (debts)
convert into cash;
"I had to liquidate my holdings to pay off my ex-husband"
settle the affairs of by determining the debts and applying the assets to pay them off;
"liquidate a company"
- I had to liquidate my holdings to pay off my ex-husband.
- They have decided to liquidate the corporation by the end of the next month.
- The court decided to help the company liquidate its chain debts.
- We were forced to liquidate some of our assets to pay the debts.
- It is possible to liquidate their doubts.
- The government tried to liquidate the rebel movement but failed.
Even before an extermination policy went into effect, the Gestapo had been liquidating unfit persons.出自： B. Bettelheim
Do German communities still exist in Russia? I thought Stalin liquidated them..in the forties.出自： L. Deighton
- murder 谋杀
- butcher 屠夫
- settle 解决
- clear up 打扫
- pay 支付
- discharge 排出
- honour 荣誉
- honor 荣誉
- shut down 关闭
- sell out 卖完
- sell off 廉价出售(存货)...
- bankrupt 破产的
- wind up 以...告终
- kill 杀死
- execute 执行
- eliminate 除去
- assassinate 暗杀，行刺
- exterminate 消灭
- waste 废物
- do in <口>使极度疲乏...
- knock off 停止做某事
- neutralise 中和(使 ... 中立...
- pay off 偿清(欠款等)...
- neutralize 使中立