- Hynix's debt is estimated to reach 9 trillion South Korean won (7.5 billion US dollars).
- But even the Indian rupee, Korean won, Taiwanese and Singaporean dollars and Russian rouble have barely moved.
- The South Korean won and Indonesian rupiah have both recently hit 10-year lows against the dollar.
- The US currency suffered hefty losses against other Asian currencies, notably the South Korean won and the Taiwan dollar.
- The Bank's Foreign Department branches and branches at airport also offer foreign currency in Korean Won, Philippine Peso and Indonesian Rupiah.
- All notes and coins in circulation were replaced by a new currency that lopped a couple of zeros from the old North Korean won.