- Stand on end; To be kept upright.
- If you would kindly please to let me keep upright, sir, perhaps I shouldn't be sick.
- There was still a set of those fascinating volumes on the living-room bookshelves, incongruously kept upright by a bookend of Beethoven at his piano.
- So thick and strong is the mass of creepers that when a wood-cutter has hacked through a tree-trunk it is often kept upright,bound to the surrounding trees.
- Fruit juices ferment if they are kept a long time.
- You can keep my book as long as you like.