Russian chess master who was world champion from 1975 until 1985 when he was defeated by Gary Kasparov (born in 1951)
- Where/How do you rank Karpov as a chess player?
- But a few years later(1975) he forfeited the title to another Soviet, Anatoly Karpov, when he refused to defend it.
- Karpov was the first to implement this energetic knight lunge, against Portisch in Turin, 1982.
- In the second round, Kortchnoi won a good game against Spassky, whereas Unzicker managed a draw in his game against Karpov.
- Vladimir Karpov, deputy director of the state media agency's communications monitoring division, said that registering each personal device would take about 10 days.
- Karpov X3D Chess features 3D vision during the game and allows player to select from different sets of men, with 4 levels of difficulty. Play against human or machine.