done or made using whatever is available;
"crossed the river on improvised bridges"
"the survivors used jury-rigged fishing gear"
"the rock served as a makeshift hammer"
- Alternatively, you could start the hole with a smaller drill bit and use progressively larger diameter bits 'til you finish up with 1/2", and/or jury rig a drill press to aid in the operation.
- The soldier rigged up a shanty for a night's rest.
- He is an interested party and can not serve on the jury.
- John felt it hard to rig out his family.
- The judge summed up the case for the jury.
- The jury are unable to reach a unanimous decision.