a sudden violent entrance; a bursting in;
"the recent irruption of bad manners"
a sudden sharp increase in the relative numbers of a population
a sudden violent spontaneous occurrence (usually of some undesirable condition);
"the outbreak of hostilities"
- Terror had seized on the whole street at the irruption of the mob.
- Ground water is the carrier and moving force of the mud irruption.
- The whole body made a disorderly irruption into Mr. Bounderby's dining-room.
- At the captain's words, there was another irruption from all of the girls.
- The results are of great significance for preventing floor water irruption.
- Based on this point,the middle-short-term forcast methods in floor water irruption are put forward.
This sudden irruption of riot into the little frame of Natasha's existence.出自： M. Ignatieff