causing irritation or annoyance;
"tapping an annoying rhythm on his glass with his fork"
"aircraft noise is particularly bothersome near the airport"
"found it galling to have to ask permission"
"an irritating delay"
"a pesky mosquito"
"swarms of pestering gnats"
"a plaguey newfangled safety catch"
"a teasing and persistent thought annoyed him"
"a vexatious child"
"it is vexing to have to admit you are wrong"
(used of physical stimuli) serving to stimulate or excite;
"an irritative agent"
causing physical discomfort;
"bites of black flies are more than irritating; they can be very painful"
- That is extremely irritating.
- She found his preoccupation with money irritating.
- His obstinacy was irritating.
- He has the irritating habit of smoking during meals.
- I found the formality of the occasion irritating.