- [U]投资 the act or action of investing
- [C]投资的资本; 投资对象 sth invested or in which one invests
the act of investing; laying out money or capital in an enterprise with the expectation of profit
money that is invested with an expectation of profit
the commitment of something other than money (time, energy, or effort) to a project with the expectation of some worthwhile result;
"this job calls for the investment of some hard thinking"
"he made an emotional investment in the work"
outer layer or covering of an organ or part or organism
the act of putting on robes or vestments
the ceremonial act of clothing someone in the insignia of an office; the formal promotion of a person to an office or rank
- Antiques are a very safe investment.
- The firm has made a huge investment in new plant.
- Great changes are in prospect in this area due to foreign investment.
- Investment is turning up sharply.
- They should attract foreign investment.
- They made an investment in heavy industry.
- auxiliary〔capital〕 investment 辅助〔基本建设〕投资
- concentrated〔speculative〕 investment 集中〔风险〕投资
- national〔overseas〕 investment 国家〔海外〕投资
- farm〔fixed-assets〕 investments 农业〔固定资产〕投资
- investment in 在…方面投资