- Results 16 isolates in 26 were identified class 1 integron positive (61.5%).
- The investigate of distribution of integron in multidrug resistance isolates in Jiaozhou Bay was carried out.
- Results: Most Klebsiella species were resistant to three or above three antibiotics. And this resistance was related closely to the class 1 integron.
- Clone and DNA sequencing were used to analyze the resistance-related gene cassettes. 50% of multidrug resistance isolates were detected with integron.
- Methods:PCRs amplifying intI gene and the variable region between the conserved segments (CS-PCR) were performed for class 1, class 2, and class 3 integron.
- The integron encodes a site-specific recombinase(IntI) responsible for the insertion of gene cassettes at attI, and also provides the promoter responsible for expression of the cassette-encoded genes.