a red pigment composed in part from ferric oxide which is often used in paints and cosmetics
a red soil containing ferric oxide; often used as a pigment
a reddish-brown color resembling the red soil used as body paint by American Indians
- A lot of superior lines which can be applied to genetic research and breeding, such as Cuba No. 6, s-55, BG163, NA91 and Indian Red, were found.
- Overhead it was a deep Indian red and starless, and south-eastward it grew brighter to a glowing scarlet where, cut by the horizon, lay the huge hull of the sun, red and motionless.
- A bright red welt rose on his arm.
- His family are living in an Indian reservation.
- These Indian guest are familiar with this book.
- A red light is usually a signal of danger.