native to eastern Asia; widely cultivated for its large pink or white flowers
- In the literature of the Indian lotus goddess of the records, the earliest found in India's Vedic literature, said Lin was born in Lotus God, standing on a lotus, wearing garlands of lotus.
- His family are living in an Indian reservation.
- Chinese people regard lotus as an emblem of purity.
- These Indian guest are familiar with this book.
- She has a penchant for Indian food.
- She was got up (ie dressed) as an Indian princess.