- Along the path by the boating lake there are puppet shows, clowns and stilt walkers, and hawkers selling anything from Indian cotton skirts to batteries.
- The lonic was a rectangle of sheer linen or fine Indian cotton, later of silk, but was caught together over the arms by fibula or buttons forming loose sleeves when belted.
- If a fabric such as a part wool blanket is to be produced, the cotton buyer will select Peruvian, China, or Indian cottons which have a harsh, rough, wool-like handle.
- Cotton cloth is made in a cotton mill.
- His family are living in an Indian reservation.
- The cotton pickers want more money.