- The higher modes have shorter periods than the fundamental mode and, moreover, they have higher velocities.
- Although small QW has smaller optical confinement factor and smaller ratio of carriers injected into QW, it can provide higher mode gain because of its smaller mixing between valence bands.
- Comparing with small tank, the sloshing in large tank includes not only fundamental mode but also higher modes and its fundamental period is much larger than that of small tank.
- Interpretation of the relative importance of the higher modes is difficult since the higher frequencies tend to be closely spaced.
- Doctor Jianghai Xia in American Kansas University combined the fundamental mode with the higher modes, carried out the dispersion curve inversion by using the damping least square method, and Acquired preferable result.
- higher mode P-progression distribution