a principle that takes precedent over the laws of society
- He embraces, in the name of a higher law, a cult of death.
- To ask a government department to change its decision or a high law court to change a sentence.
- The second chapter tells us that the American constitution has recepted the theory of "Lex,Rex"and due process of law and a theory of a higher law.
- The stern religion with which he was enraptured, its insistence upon a higher law, was there, and he heard again the precepts which had helped to bind him to his own children.
- Constitution as the highest law of the land, the highest legal effect.
- For the power given by the kindest god and the highest law of the Great Republic, I announce you Earl Warrior!