- 令人惊骇的 filling the mind with horror
- 极其丑陋的 very ugly
- 可怕的 frightful
grossly offensive to decency or morality; causing horror;
"subjected to outrageous cruelty"
"a hideous pattern of injustice"
"horrific conditions in the mining industry"
so extremely ugly as to be terrifying;
"a hideous scar"
"a repulsive mask"
- They wear hideous clothes to cover their mostly monstrous bodies.
- As punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast and placed a spell on everyone in the castle.
- The hideous tale made the children cry.
- I had walked straight into a hideous trap.
- They have just built some hideous new apartment blocks on the seafront.
- The whole experience had been like some hideous nightmare.
- Their new colour scheme is hideous!
The Loathly Damsel, a hideous young woman riding upon a mule.出自： A. Powell
This is a hideous and freakish thing to have occurred.出自： R. Ingalls
That calendar is hideous.出自： V. Seth