the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
a means of serving
give help or assistance; be of service
improve the condition of
be of use
abstain from doing; always used with a negative
help to some food; help with food or drink
contribute to the furtherance of
take or use
improve; change for the better
- Wherever it is possible, he tries to help.
- I'll do everything possible to help you.
- The doctor gave him a sedative to help him sleep.
- She offered to help us of her own volition.
- I hurried in response to my friend's summons for help.
- The government's intervention in this dispute will not help.