held in check的用法和样例：
- The epidemicwas held in check by widespread vaccination.
- The epidemic was held in check by widespread vaccination.
- Hitherto he had been held in check by the controlling interference of Congress.
- And WAN costs are held in check because requests are typically routed to the closest server.
- They were held in check by this hooded figure, with an evil skull for a face, carrying a sickle.
- If they refuse to do so, we will deny them raw materials. In either case, they will be held in check.