habitually disposed to disobedience and opposition
- Mrs. Ferrars is a very headstrong, proud woman.
- The headstrong impetuous man rushed into things without forethought.
- She's hopelessly headstrong; she always gets up against people in authority.
- We cannot tolerate his headstrong actions.
- You have no idea how headstrong she can be.
They are testy and headstrong through an excess of will and bias.出自： R. W. Emerson
The parentless boy would tend to run wild, to resemble his headstrong father.出自： V. S. Pritchett