have sb at one's mercy
- (get/have sb)over a barrel;(have sb)at one's mercy;in a helpless position (使某人)听从摆布;束手无策.
- have sb at one's back 有 ... 支持; 有 ... 作后台
- Have you seen the amount of foods those lads can stow away at one meal? 你可曾见过那些小伙子一餐的食量有多大？
- He lost all his wealth all at one swoop. 他一下子失去了所有的财产。
- The teams are all square at one match each. 这些队在各自参加了一场比赛后不分胜负。
- Swallow a glass of beer at one gulp. 一囗气喝下一杯啤酒。
- The pipe splays (out) at one end. 管子一端呈喇叭形。
- Could I have a look at one of those gold rings? 那些金戒指拿一个给我看看可以吗?
- The city at one time must have been prosperous. 这座古城肯定一度很繁荣。
- Can I have a look at one of those gold rings? 那些金戒指拿一个给我看看可以吗?
- He was at one time so devoted to piano playing. 他曾经那么沉迷于弹钢琴。
- It's better not to attempt too much at one time. 最好不要企图同时干过多的工作。
- At one time they met frequently. 一度他们经常见面。
- All our problems were solved at one swoop. 我们所有的问题一下子全都解决了。
- Illar to post pip sb at the postefended by soldiers, esp a frontier fort. （部队的）驻地，防区；（尤指）边防要塞。
- Aim at one bird, don't blaze into the brown. 瞄准一只鸟打，不要向整个鸟群开枪。
- He downed the medicine at one swallow. 他一口便把药全吞下了。
- My younger sister was at one time a boarder. 有段时间我妹妹是寄宿生。
- The foreman swore at one of the workers. 工头大骂一个工人。
- He can drink two bottles of wine at one time. 他一次能喝两瓶酒。