an oral antidiabetic drug (trade names DiaBeta and Micronase) that stimulates the release of insulin from the pancreas
- Sulfonylureas (e.g. glyburide) and meglitinides (e.g. repaglinide) stimulate insulin release from the pancreas.
- Glimepiride, glipizide, glyburide and repaglinide lead to too-low blood sugar more often than other drugs do.
- During that time, women taking rosiglitazone were more likely to hae bone fractures than women taking either metformin or glyburide.
- Objective: To identify glyguanid,phenformin,gliclazide and glyburide added into traditional Chinese medicine for anti-diabetes.
- Results: Phenformin and glyburide were found in Tangleshu capsule,glyguanid and gliclazide were found in Ketangmin capsule.
- This difference was drien largely by a higher leel of withdrawals due to hypoglycemia for people in the glyburide group.