- A mosquito of the genus Aedes, including A. aegypti, which transmits diseases such as yellow fever and dengue.
- Genus Aedes Meigen, Aedes albopictus Skuse;
- One new species and two new records of the subgenus Kenknightia of the genus Aedes in Yunnan (Diptera: Culicidae)
- "Dengue is caused by a virus carried by mosquitoes of the genus Aedes, usually A. aegypti, which also carries yellow fever."
- The daffodil belongs to the genus Narcissus.
- A kingfisher, especially one of the genus Halcyon.