- The C-value paradox: no correlation between apparent structural complexity and genome size.
- Initial analysis indicates that genome size and intron density is positively correlated to total intron size.
- In agreement with this prediction, the number of protein regulators in prokaryotes has been found to increase quadratically with genome size.
- The genome size of two species including Yangtze sturgeon and Chinese sturgeon，was found two times as big as that of Chinese paddlefish and American paddlefish.
- Gene duplication is one of the most important factors that influence the evolution of genome size, the origination of novel gene, the genetic robustness against null mutations, the speciation, etc.
- They differ in size but not in kind.