- [U][C]欺诈; 欺骗的行为 deceitful behavior for the purpose of making money, which may be punishable by law
- [C]骗子 sb/sth that is not what they claim or are claimed to be
intentional deception resulting in injury to another person
a person who makes deceitful pretenses
something intended to deceive; deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage
- She was put on trial for fraud.
- Investigation of fraud was their commission.
- He told people that he was a serious and well-known musician, but he was actually a fraud.
- I saw through the fraud.
- The official investigation into the election frauds hadn't even begun.
- He said he was an insurance salesman, but later she discovered he was a fraud.
They look upon fraud as a greater crime than theft.出自： Swift