- The widened section, usually concrete, at the base or bottom of a foundation wall, pier or column.
- If moisture collects on the backside after a few days, then water is wicking through the foundation wall from outside.The basement should be treated the same as if it were leaky.
- Pipe laid in gravel around the footings of a building to drain subsurface water away from the foundation walls.
- monolithic slab and foundation wall
- The shutters thumped the wall in the wind.
- These joists are supported by the walls and perhaps also by an interior load-bearing partition in much the same way that floor joists are supported by the foundation walls and a girder.