- Hear me, my dead baby and my withered father: I swear on my knees, on these stones, to avenge you on Foulon!
- Foulon who told my baby it might suck grass, when these breasts were dry with want!
- The Vengeance, as custodian of the drum, could have wakened him up and had the same speech out of him as before the Bastille fell, or old Foulon was seized; not so with the hoarse tones of the men and women in Saint Antoine's bosom.
- Husbands, and brothers, and young men, Give us the blood of Foulon, Give us the head of Foulon, Give us the heart of Foulon, Give us the body and soul of Foulon, Rend Foulon to pieces, and dig him into the ground, that grass may grow from him!
丈夫们，弟兄们，小伙子们，给我们富伦的血。” “给我们富伦的头，给我们富伦的心。” “给我们富伦的身子和灵魂。” “把富伦碎尸万段，埋到泥土里去，让青草从他身上长出来
- 'Does everybody here recall old Foulon, who told the famished people that they might eat grass, and who died, and went to Hell?'
- The Vengeance, as custodian of the drum, could have wakened him up and had the same speech out of him as before the Bastille fell, or old Foulon was seized;