- The text had discussed influence of the ratios of grain to mother liquor and massecuite consistency on fouling deposit rate, the deposit rate without grain was 20 times or more than that with grain.
- On the foundations of former model in two-phantoms fluid, a mathematical model for calculating calcium sulfate fouling deposit rate in three-phantoms fluid of sugar liquor was proposed.
- A new viewpoint on deterioration mechanism of sulfolane was proposed after analyzing the used sulfolane in aromatics extraction and the fouling deposits on equipment.
- The fouling deposition on surface of the heat exchanger can tremendously reduce the heat transfer efficiency of said exchanger, hence, it is very important to diagnose the causes of fouling formation.
- The chain has fallen foul of plants in the water.
- The ship ran a foul of the floating seaweed.