- He fell foul with his employer and lost his job.
- The lake became fouled with chemical waste.
- The propeller blades were fouled with many threads of fishing nets.
- Powell, who had played only 56 minutes this season, was pressed into duty when Bynum picked up his fourth foul with 9:39 left in the second quarter.
- Right after Odom got the technical foul with 9:19 left, he collected himself and scored all eight of his points in the quarter.
- Their convict uniforms were dirty and foul with sweat, shackles clanked between their ankles when they moved tiredly, and there was an air of apathy and despair about them.
他们穿的囚服，因为有汗，又脏又臭。 他们拖着疲倦的脚步走动时，脚镣发出哗啦哗的响声。 这几个人都带着一种消沉、绝望的眼神。