United States songwriter whose songs embody the sentiment of the South before the American Civil War (1826-1864)
promote the growth of
bring up under fosterage; of children
help develop, help grow
providing or receiving nurture or parental care though not related by blood or legal ties
- There are three foster children in our home.
- Mr Foster is sorry that he cannot accept your invitation to dinner.
- Concerts foster interest in music.
- Detect and foster artistic talent.
- Foster parents; foster grandparents; a foster home.
养父母; 寄养的祖父母; 寄养的家庭
- The mother tried to foster her son's interest in music.