beat severely with a whip or rod;
"The teacher often flogged the students"
"The children were severely trounced"
beat with a cane
- It is useless to flog a dead horse
- How cruel was the man to flog his own son to death!
- Nowadays, it is an inhumane punishment to flog the disobedient soldiers or sailors.
- He tried to flog me a broken TV set.
- I had a letter from a company trying to flog me insurance.
I have not forgotten the Greek and Latin flogged into us at Westminster.出自： F. E. Smedley
Six women were publicly flogged..till the blood ran down their backs.出自： G. Gorer