名词 floating voter:
a voter who has no allegiance to any political party and whose unpredictable decisions can swing the outcome of an election one way or the other
- He is trying to get the support of the floating voters.
- What was needed to appeal to the floating voters was the ability to inspire them with a sense of conviction.
- Looks can have an especially powerful influence on the minority of floating voters who determine election results, says Linda Bilmes, a professor of government at America's Harvard University.
- Some voters stormed out of the meeting place.
- Men and women of eighteen and above are eligible to vote.
- This policy will not appeal to the voters.