- Since then Eyam has become a village I love to visit.
- In 1666 a type of disease from London arrived in a village called Eyam.
- Eyam's selfless villagers, with their strong Christian convictions, had shown immense personal courage and self sacrifice.
- One day - it was nearly fifteen years ago, - an English friend and I drove through a village in Derbyshire, called Eyam.
- The Plague in Eyam raged for 14 months and claimed the lives of at least 260 of the 800 villagers.By 1st November 1666 the plague had run its course and claimed its last victim.