the fifth and highest element after air and earth and fire and water; was believed to be the substance composing all heavenly bodies
any of a class of organic compounds that have two hydrocarbon groups linked by an oxygen atom
a medium that was once supposed to fill all space and to support the propagation of electromagnetic waves
a colorless volatile highly inflammable liquid formerly used as an inhalation anesthetic
- A whiff of ether will put you out in a few seconds.
- Today's news goes into the ether and is soon forgotten.
- It was once believed that light waves traveled through the ether.
- Ether was used formerly to put a patient to sleep before an operation.
- The hospital smelled of formaldehyde and ether.
- He went off at the first whiff of ether.
- glycol ether 乙二醇醚；乙二醇乙醚...
- crown ether 冠醚
- dimethyl ether 二甲醚；甲醚...
- ether extract 醚提取物
- diisopropyl ether 二异丙醚
- butyl ether 丁基醚
- phenyl ether 苯基醚；二苯醚（等于...
- diethyl ether 乙醚，二乙醚...
- vinyl ether [化]乙烯醚
- cellulose ether [有机化学]纤维素醚...
- ether ketone 酮醚
- glycidyl ether 缩水甘油醚
- petroleum ether 石油醚；石油精...
- propylene glycol monomethyl ether [化]丙二醇单甲醚...
- isopropyl ether [化]异丙醚
- acetic ether 乙酸乙酯；醋酸乙酯...
- ethyl ether 乙醚；二乙醚...
- diglycidyl ether 缩水甘油醚；二环氧甘...
- methyl ether 甲醚；甲基醚...
- diphenyl ether [化]二苯醚