- n. 敌人；敌军；有害物
- [C]仇敌,敌人,敌军 a person who hates and opposes another person; one of two or more people who hate and oppose each other; (the armed forces of) a country with which one is at war
an opposing military force;
"the enemy attacked at dawn"
an armed adversary (especially a member of an opposing military force);
"a soldier must be prepared to kill his enemies"
any hostile group of people;
"he viewed lawyers as the real enemy"
a personal enemy;
"they had been political foes for years"
- The city is held by the enemy.
- The enemy was forced to retreat.
- This defeat was a powerful blow to the enemy.
- In a frenzy of hate he killed his enemy.
- The shield protected him from the blows of his enemy.
- After several reverses the enemy was forced to retreat.
- The enemy kept up their bombardment day and night.
- Frost is an enemy of flowers.
- Hundreds of the enemies had searched the mountains for fifteen days without result.
- Confront the enemies and be a man.
- The enemy attacked our foremost positions all night.
- Sirens alerted the cities long before the enemy bombers arrived.
- The enemy is/are advancing towards the castle.
- The enemy were too many.
- The enemy was alarmed to learn that his troops had been surrounded.
- We anticipated that the enemy would cross the river and so we destroyed the bridge.
- The army attacked at night when the enemy was asleep.
- Before they fled the country, the enemy attempted to destroy the factories.
- They battled the enemy.
- He never bent his knees before the enemy.
- We have broken down the resistance of the enemy.
- She would not say a word even though the enemy threatened to burn her.
- He was seized with burning hatred for the enemy.
- The pressure on the enemy is building up.
- The forces of the enemy advanced against them.
- The enemy became more frantic in its death-bed struggle.
- The prisoner claimed that he had been framed up by his enemies.
- He was framed by his enemies.
- They prayed that their enemies might be defeated.
- The knights prevailed against many enemies.
- He frustrated his enemies in their plans.
- At last they beat their enemies.
- They forgave their enemies.
- We aid them in fighting against their enemy.
- Please bear in mind that they are our enemy.
- The wounded soldier begged his enemy for mercy.
- We must band together to fight the common enemy.
- The struggle against common enemy binds all the colonial people together.
- His policy was to beat each enemy in turn.
- The enemy's guns were silenced by repeated bombings.
- Our powerful artillery fire silenced the enemy's mortars.
- We advanced on the enemy's position under the cover of darkness.
- A good general tries to anticipate the enemy's movements.
- After two hours' heavy fighting, we bore down the enemy's resistance.
- Stealthily we approached the enemy's camp.
- With his own body Huang Jiguang blocked the muzzle of the enemy's machine gun.
- Before the enemy's attack he crossed the river and alarmed the unarmed villagers.
- The enemy's attack was beaten off.
- It was quite some time before they managed to break through the enemy's blockade.
- An enemy bomb has sent up the oil stores.
- He drew his pistol and aimed at the enemy soldier.
- Our guns were brought to bear on the centre of the enemy position.
- Our torpedo boats bore down on the enemy cruiser.
- The enemy ammunition dump blew up.
- The enemy pillbox was blown up with a bang.
- This nation will not be brought to the ground by enemy action!
- The area was scanned for signs of enemy aircraft.
- As the mines laid by the guerrillas began to explode, the enemy troops broke ranks and fled in panic.
- The Foreign Minister treats all those correspondents the same way, whether they are enemy or friend.
- He went an enemy, and returned a friend.
- Frost is an enemy of flowers.
- make enemies
树敌 make an enemy of sb
make enemies with sb
I don't want to make enemies with the world.
我不想与天下人为敌。make one enemies
His down-to-earth way made him enemies as well as supporters.
His rudeness made him many enemies.
- make an enemy of
使某人成为自己的敌人 make enemies
- attack the enemy 攻击敌军
- beat an enemy 战胜敌人,打败敌人
- beat down the enemy 打垮敌人
- charge the enemy 向敌军冲去
- defeat an enemy 打败敌人,战胜敌人
- destroy an enemy 摧毁敌人,消灭敌人
- discover an enemy 发现敌人
- drive an enemy away 赶跑敌人
- drive out the enemy 把敌人驱逐出去
- face the enemy 面对敌人,遇到敌人
- fear the enemy 害怕敌人
- fight the enemy 与敌人作斗争
- find the enemy 发现敌人
- kill an enemy 击毙敌人
- make -mies 树敌
- meet an enemy 迎击敌人,遇上敌人
- punish the enemy 惩罚敌人
- put the enemy to flight 使敌人逃窜
- strike the enemy 打击敌人
- surprise the enemy 奇袭敌人
- wipe out the enemy 歼灭敌人
- bitter enemy 死敌
- common enemy 共同的敌人
- cruel enemy 残忍的敌人,残酷的敌人
- great enemy 大敌
- long-time enemy 长期的敌人
- main enemy 主要敌人
- mutual enemy 共同的敌人
- national enemy 民族的敌人,国家的敌人
- natural enemy 天敌
- open enemy 公开的敌人
- political enemy 政敌
- powerful enemy 强大的敌人
- public enemy 公敌
- secret enemy 暗藏的敌人
- hundreds of enemy 几百敌兵
- enemy from within 内部的敌人
He had no enemies; he was an extremely amiable fellow, and universally liked.出自： H. James
- enemy在句中可用作定语,修饰soldier, position, cruiser, ammunition, pillbox, action等名词,意义上与enemy的所属格enemy's无甚不同。
- enemy, adversary, antagonist, foe, opponent
- foe的意思是“仇敌”,主要用于文学语言中,常与friend相对; adversary意为“对手,反对者”,可指“反对的一方”,也可指敌人; antagonist 指积极采取敌对行为的“对抗者”,尤指在争权夺霸过程中的“敌手”; enemy意为“敌人,仇敌”,是普通用语,在指“敌军”时,常用单数形式; opponent意为“对手”,多指比赛、辩论或竞争中的对方,一般不表示有积极的敌意。
误 We must draw a clear line between enemies and ourselves at all times.
正 We must draw a clear line between the enemy and ourselves at all times.
- ☆ 13世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的enemi，最初源自拉丁语的inimicus，意为敌人。