- Emission below the Eddington limit would have been fairly straightforward to explain.
- X-ray flashes had previously been detected from some neutron stars, but they never exceeded the Eddington limit by very much.
- But they have a built-in feeding-control mechanism.Called the Eddington limit, it kicks in when the massive amount of radiation spawned by the black hole matches the inflow of material.
- Surely there is a limit to what one can bear.
- The proposal set a time limit of one year.
- What's the speed limit on the motorway?