- This condition is called ectropion or ectopy, which is visible as a strikingly reddish-looking ectocervix on visual inspection.
- He suggests that ventricular dilation and/or hypertrophy may have contributed to the frequent ventricular ectopy found in this study.
- A total of 138 (5%) of the men were found to have atrial fibrillation or flutter, and 1,048 (36%) were found to have complex ventricular ectopy.
- "Both ventricular ectopy during recovery and a low ejection fraction were independent predictors of death," the authors write.
- In eight subjects, the origin of ectopy that initiated ventricular arrhythmias was mapped to sites concordant with the localization of repolarization abnormalities.
- Frequent ventricular ectopy occurred only during exercise in 945 patients (3%), only during recovery in 589 patients (2%), and during both in 491 patients (2%).