英 [ˌekɪ'məʊsɪs] 美 [ˌekə'moʊsɪs]
the purple or black-and-blue area resulting from a bruise
the escape of blood from ruptured blood vessels into the surrounding tissue to form a purple or black-and-blue spot on the skin
- Pain and ecchymosis were the common presentations in all 7 cases.
- Governance, thrombocytopenia, ecchymosis were bright red.
- Manifestations include edema and swelling, pain and tenderness, muscle spasm, deformity, ecchymosis, loss of function, and crepitation.
- The lower limb was markedly swollen with extensive ecchymosis extending from the left groin inferiorly to the mid thigh.
- Swelling and pain with redness or ecchymosis in the injured area because of the obstruction.
- Main ManifestationsSwelling and pain with redness or ecchymosis in the injured area because of the obstruction.