- RAPD technique and candidate gene approach were adapted to detect molecular markers linked to the dwarf gene (Dsl).
- They are Rhtls on chromosome 4B, Rht8 on 2D, Rht9 on 7B, and Rht (Wan), a new GA-insensitive dwarfing gene on chromosome 4D produced from mutation proba-bly.
- The dwarf gene Rht3 derived from Tom Thu mb variety, a Tibetan wheat of China, is a dominant gene with the insensitivity to gibberellic acid.
- With the near isogenic lines (NILs) of the mutant, the effection of the dwarf mutant were researched, the reduction of plant height in the presence of dwarfing gene is mainly expressed through the shortening on the lengths of three upper internodes.
- Can the brachytic dwarf gene or the bushy genes be used to advantage in cultivars designed for high density plantings?
- Bulked segregant analysis (BSA) was adapted to identify RAPD markers linked to dwarf gene Dsl. Totally 1041 primers were screened and only one polymorphic band S470.416 was found linked to the Dsl locus with a map distance of 9.2 cM.