- 【天文学】天鸽(星)座[亦作 doo]
- [C]鸽 a kind of pigeon
- [C](政治上的)鸽派人物，主和派人物 a person in favour of peace and compromise
any of numerous small pigeons
someone who prefers negotiations to armed conflict in the conduct of foreign relations
a constellation in the southern hemisphere near Puppis and Caelum
flesh of a pigeon suitable for roasting or braising; flesh of a dove (young squab) may be broiled
an emblem of peace
- The dove is the symbol of peace.
- This dove was resident with us all the year round.
- Paul seemed more impressed by the dove.
- Bill was called a dove when he protested rather than fought in the war.
- On military,he has opposed the invasion of Iraq from start,but he is far from dove.
- He is neither a dove nor a hawk,but betwixt and between.
- She dove straight into the pool.
- The price of corn dove nearly 50% on Tuesday.
- The white dove is looked upon as the symbol of peace.
- Both hawks and doves had their say at the meeting.
She is coming, my dove, my dear.出自： Tennyson
- dovelet n. 幼鸽‖dovelike adj. 纯洁可爱的；温柔的