- The idea that evolution can work by the differential survival of entire groups of organisms, rather than just of individuals, was rejected because it is mathematically implausible.
- Cultural differences among individuals can lead to differential survival of individuals, with those that survive more likely to have their cultural variants adopted by others.
- Survival is our first imperative.
- That fashion is a survival from the 1930s.
- The old man is a survival of the past age.
- Today the survival of our species is threatened.