- The failure was caused by dezincification corrosion.
- Valves shall be manufactured from dezincification resistant brass or bronze rated 240 psi at 250 f.
- An in-service valve suffering from Dezincification has a white powdery substance or mineral stains on its exterior surface.
- The role of boron in inhibiting dezincification of aluminium brass was investigated by ICP, XRD,EMPA and PAT methods.
- Due to the synergetic effect of boron and arsenic, dezincification was hindered.
- Finally, the mechanism of dezincification related to the SCC of brass in nitrate solution is discussed.