- Xylans are heteropolymers consisting principally of xylose and arabinose.
- The amounts of arabinose and galactose took up over 80%of the polysaccarides.
- Deoxy sugar A SUGAR in which oxygen has been lost by replacement of a hydroxyl group (OH) with hydrogen (H). The most important example is DEOXYRIBOSE.
- The most important representatives of monosacchrides are glucose, arabinose, galactose, mannose, ribose, and fructose.
- Six kinds of saccarides,i.e.rhamnose,xylose,arabinose,mannose,glucose and galactose were detected.
- Deoxy sugar A SUGAR in which oxygen has been lost by replacement of a hydroxyl group (OH) with hydrogen (H).