- In spite of the tension, de Villiers will hardly change his plans.
- He advised it three weeks ago in Dubai when he criticized to de Villiers and he asked him “not to mix things” and to “keep the tennis as it is”.
- There is another mini-grand slam planned by de Villiers, it should be played in Europe in May, as a preparation for Roland Garros.
- Managing Director of promoters SAIL, Brand de Villiers, added: “The time difference of just two hours between the UK and South Africa is the key.
- De Villiers was given a letter signed by 65 players in which de Villiers is asked to review his plans to change the European clay season.
- "We are tonight before a major political crisis," said Philippe de Villiers, head of the right-wing Movement for France and a vocal lobbyist against the constitution.