- n. 女儿；子代
- adj. 女儿的；女儿似的
- [C]女儿 one's family female child
- [C]产物,后代 sth thought of as a daughter
a female human offspring;
"her daughter cared for her in her old age"
- Jill is my eldest daughter.
- The death of their daughter was a cruel blow.
- She spoke as a true daughter of the city.
- His unkindness to his daughter came home to roost.
- She trembled for her daughter's safety.
- My daughter is capable of working much harder.
- Ruth was a daughter of Abraham.
- Jim worships his daughter and will do anything she wants, she can wind him around her little finger.
- Although their daughter is in her early twenties, they still treat her as a child.
- The mother dressed her daughter up like a princess.
- Mr. and Mrs. Jones have three daughters.
- That old man lives on the earnings of his daughter.
- Mrs. Smith always sits up for her daughter no matter how late it may be.
- She glanced through her daughter's homework and signed it.
- The deceased willed his vast estate to his daughter.
- The United States is a daughter of Great Britain.
- French is a daughter of Latin.
- Radon is the daughter of radium.
- daughter language
从另一种语言派生出来的语言 language derived from another one
- bring up one's daughter 抚养女儿
- give one's daughter in a marriage 把女儿嫁走
- like one's daughter 喜欢女儿
- love sb's daughter 喜爱某人的女儿
- marry off one's daughter 把女儿嫁出去,使女儿出嫁
- marry one's daughter to sb 把女儿嫁给某人
- marry the daughter of sb 同某人的女儿结婚,娶某人的女儿为妻
- nurse a daughter 养育女儿,护理女儿
- beautiful daughter 美丽的女儿
- eldest daughter 大女儿
- gifted daughter 天资聪颖的女儿
- natural daughter 私生女
- nice daughter 和蔼的女儿,有教养的女儿,可爱的女儿
- only daughter 独生女
- pretty daughter 漂亮的女儿
- youngest daughter 小女儿
- like a daughter 像女儿一样
The dear father would with his daughter speak.出自：King Lear , Shakespeare
- daughter的意思是“女儿; 闺女”,指某一家庭的女性后裔,是可数名词。
- daughter用于比喻意义时表示“产物; 自起源或出身衍生而来的事物”。
- She is daughter of my teacher.
- She is a daughter of my teacher.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的dohtor，意为女儿。