- When the electron bunches exit the damping ring 200 milliseconds later, each will be about nine millimeters long and thinner than a human hair.
- The positrons will be captured, accelerated to an energy of 5 GeV, transferred to another damping ring and finally sent to the other main SCRF linac at the opposite end of the ILC.
- In this paper the influence of the damped ring on the gear transmissions vibration and noise was studied by analyzing the mechanics characteristic of the damped material.
- The party was a bit of a damp squib.
- She had the sapphire set in a gold ring.
- Leather can deteriorate in damp conditions.