- A bank, in exchange for a fee, arranges a currency swap which meets both requirements.
- Instead, governments will probably stick to finessing what Asia has already agreed, an $80bn currency swap scheme.
- Such currency swaps, designed to achieve interest rate savings, are of course open to the risk of exchange rate fluctuations.
- Mr Del Soldato also told of a series of currency swap contracts with other parties, some profitable, others not.
- The loan was organised in the form of a currency swap agreement between the Bank of Thailand and the HKMA at market interest rates.
- Currency Swap A swap that involves the exchange of principal and interest in one currency for the same in another currency.