英 ['kʊkuː] 美 ['kʊkuː]
- n. 杜鹃；杜鹃的叫声
- v. 像杜鹃一样咕咕叫
- adj. <非正式>愚蠢的；疯狂的
a man who is a stupid incompetent fool
any of numerous European and North American birds having pointed wings and a long tail
repeat monotonously, like a cuckoo repeats his call
- The cuckoo is the herald of the spring.
- The cuckoo lays its eggs in other birds' nests.
- Germany is famous for its cuckoo clocks.
- Hey! Don't be calling me cuckoo in the head!
- He has gone absolutely cuckoo .
The merry Cuckow, messenger of Spring.出自： Spenser