the sharp sound of snapping noises
glazed china with a network of fine cracks on the surface
having the surface decorated with a network of fine cracks, as in crackleware;
"a crackle glaze"
make a crackling sound;
"My Rice Krispies crackled in the bowl"
make a crushing noise;
"his shoes were crunching on the gravel"
to become, or to cause to become, covered with a network of small cracks;
"The blazing sun crackled the desert sand"
- A cheerful wood fire was crackling in the sitting room.
- Druce lit the cigar, which began to spark and crackle.
- We can hear the crackle of the wood on the fire in the next room.
- Your crackle begins to annoy me.
- Flames elongated, and bent themselves about with a quiet roar, roar but no crackle.
- Fast cooling speed was thought to be the main reason of generating cold crackle.
The crackle of the leaves underfoot.出自： E. Glasgow
The transistor radio produced only crackle.出自： F. Weldon
Huge logs blazed and crackled.出自： C. Hardwick
The wind made the canvas crackle.出自： D. H. Lawrence