a policy of creating strategic alliances in order to check the expansion of a hostile power or ideology or to force it to negotiate peacefully;
"containment of communist expansion was a central principle of United States' foreign policy from 1947 to the 1975"
(physics) a system designed to prevent the accidental release of radioactive material from a reactor
the act of containing; keeping something from spreading;
"the containment of the AIDS epidemic"
"the containment of the rebellion"
- To solve the deficit problem, containment of public expenditure is necessary.
- Officials say the fire is about 40 percent containment.
- Through the collective embargo and "the complete sanction," finally, the U.S. formed the containment policy toward Cuba.
- Downer also commented on China-U.S. relations, saying Australia has never been concerned that Washington is pursuing a policy of containment toward Beijing.
- physical containment 物理学屏障, 物理防...
- containment boom 封栏油栅
- containment structure 反应堆的外壳结构...
- biological containment 生物防范
- containment shell 屏蔽, 包壳,(反应...
- pressure containment 压力安全壳
- containment facility 防范设施
- containment method 包容法; 抑制法...
- natural containment 天然保护层,天然防护...
- containment vessel 安全壳
- reactor containment 安全壳,反应堆外壳,...
- double containment 复式包容
- containment envelope 反应堆防护壳...
- containment building 防止建造
- secondary containment 二次安全壳
- primary containment 内层安全壳