a state of being relaxed and feeling no pain
a feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment
the act of consoling; giving relief in affliction
a freedom from financial difficulty that promotes a comfortable state
satisfaction or physical well-being provided by a person or thing
bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together
assistance, such as that provided to an enemy or to a known criminal
give moral or emotional strength to
lessen pain or discomfort; alleviate
- The men in the fort capitulated.
- The fort occupies a commanding position.
- The attack succeeded, and the fort was taken.
- The soldiers held the fort desperately till reinforcement arrived.
- The ships were abreast of the fort.
- The men in the fort sallied at dawn.